SIGN UP FOR OUR ANNUAL SPELLING CRASH COURSE - Next Class starts April 2019!
Two National Spelling Bee champions and many runners-up have used our Spelling Crash Course program to hone their skills and to feel relaxed and more confident at the National Bee.
INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE? Please fill out this inquiry form and read all of the information below. Once your form is received, in 1-2 business days, we'll begin asking further questions via email to help complete the registration process. A follow-up call will take place if you are still interested once all of your questions are answered. Thank you for your interest in our Spelling Crash Course!
The National Spelling Bee is right around the bend and Hexco's Spelling Crash Course can help you make the best of the remaining time to study.
Hexco's annual six-week Spelling Crash Course for National Spelling Bee contestants will begin in April of 2019. The required information and training meeting will take place on the first week. Serious spelling students who are enrolled in this course can learn how to study faster by studying smarter. Our coaches are trained to utilize techniques that have proven to be successful since 1983.
Sessions are prepared in advance and adapted for each small "class" and lengthy study lists are assigned on a weekly basis. Students are engaged through quizzing via phone and/or video conference calls and emails; they also gain invaluable experience by taking written practice tests that are available only to Crash Course students. Participants in this course learn how to optimize their study time while developing spelling skills that can last a lifetime.
MAXIMIZE YOUR PERFORMANCE POTENTIAL
- Organized lessons to "study smarter"
- Unique lists of word on our Spelling eMentor that are nearly impossible to guess unless you've seen them before such as eponyms, homonyms, geographic words, words with unknown origins, etc.
- Tips on "figuring out" words based on spelling rules and word roots
- Two weekly practice tests via eMentor Classroom to help you prepare for the national preliminary written test of the National Spelling Bee (a separate list of roots will be emailed to the parents)
- Six live "Spell Bees" on Sundays
- Weekly encouragement, feedback, and assessment by email
6 WEEKS - $1750
- All classes begin at 5 pm EST or 7 pm (there are now two classes due to recent demand; we will communicate which time slot you will be assigned). Each class will last 1 hour if your class has 5 students or less; classes with additional students will be longer.
- Held via Skype.
- Must have Merriam Webster's Unabridged Online Dictionary (subscription, not free version)
- No make-ups/No exceptions. If students cannot attend a class, all words, instructions, and comments will be emailed to all parents and put into Google sheet for studying.
- All correspondence will take place via email and Google sheets. There is not enough time for personal "updates" by phone with individual students/parents.
- No additional resources are REQUIRED for the class, but we do recommend New Nat's Notes or New Nat's eMentor, Verbomania or Verbomania eMentor, Spelling Rules Book, Blitz List(s) or Blitz eMentor, Webster Detector, etc. for studying. These are not provided with the class and are not required.
- Information & Training meeting (for all students/1 parent each): April 8th
- Spell bee 1: April 15
- Spell bee 2: April 22
- Spell bee 3: April 29
- Spell bee 4: May 6
- Spell bee 5: May 13
- Spell bee 6: May 20
Learn more/enroll now! Email email@example.com or call 800.391.2891