Get immediate access to our free samples with sign-up!
Favorite of the Spelling Bee Champs
A finalist and semifinalist favorite, the Blitz List is sure to challenge you with some of the most difficult words in the dictionary! Eighty-eight percent of finalists at the 2019 National Spelling Bee (NSB) used the Blitz List. Over the last decade, a fair percentage of words seen at the NSB had not been on any published study list, and a large number of these words have even escaped many advanced spellers — until now. Collectively, "off-list" words, or "words from nowhere," have reached as high as 35-45% of all words given at the NSB, and Hexco was the first to recognize the growing need to record and identify very difficult words that had never been used at the national level. Since our first volume, which was released in 2011, some of these words have been seen at the national level, and we have since released volumes 2, 3, and the newest volume 4! Each volume contains 3,000 words. Click here to read about the history of Blitz List and the National Spelling Bee.
Blitz List eMentor helps students master all the words in Blitz Lists 1, 2, 3, and 4! This one-of-a-kind spelling portal was engineered by Hexco and effectively replaces our popular Spelling Mentor. Its improvements include an attractive and responsive online interface combined with state-of-the-art memory capabilities, and it is excellent for those who want to learn a large number of words quickly and efficiently.
- Each Spelling eMentor saves missed words until all words are mastered.
- It also saves results when you log in and log out and keeps track of your progress.
- Audio, phonetic pronunciations, word origins, and definitions are included.
- Select "All Words Ever Missed" to make sure you never miss those words again.
- Perfect "All Words Missed on the Last Attempt" to master each list. (Note that this means your last attempt at the word.)
- "Star" words that you want to study again. (Note that you can "unstar" words at any time.)
- Ask for the next letter in a word.
- Ask to show the whole word if you don't know how to spell a word.
- Attempt all words in any set at any time to continue perfecting your spelling.
- Type and click "enter" to quickly test yourself without depending on a mouse to move forward.
- Each eMentor product is browser-based and tracks progress for one user.
- All eMentors are accessible from any browser on a PC or Mac computer and mobile device.
- This product is subscription-based and is good for one year from the date of your purchase.
LEVEL: Advanced to Expert
WORD COUNT: 3,000+ per volume
Orders are processed M-F from 9:00am-3:00pm. Please check your email for login information after you order. If you have signed up for our free sample, the product you have purchased will be added to that account unless a different email address is provided.