Spelling Crash Course is now full for 2019 National Spelling Bee prep! Why not try Personal Spelling Coaching instead?
Two National Spelling Bee CHAMPIONS and many runners-up have used our Spelling Crash Course program to hone their skills and to feel more relaxed and confident at the National Bee.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS COURSE? Just complete our brief interest form and read all of the information below. Once your form is received, we'll begin asking further questions in only 1-2 business days via email to help complete the registration process. A follow-up call will take place if you are still interested once all of your questions are answered. Thank you for your interest in our Spelling Crash Course!
The National Spelling Bee is only two months away and Hexco's Spelling Crash Course can help you make the best of the remaining time to study.
Hexco's annual six-week Spelling Crash Course for National Spelling Bee contestants commences at the end of March through mid-April. Once the required information and training meeting takes place, students enrolled in this course can learn how to study faster by studying smarter. Our coaches are trained to utilize techniques that have proven to be successful since 1983.
Sessions are prepared in advance and adapted for each small "class" and lengthy study lists are assigned on a weekly basis. Students are engaged through quizzing via phone and/or video conference calls and emails; they also gain invaluable experience by taking written practice tests that are available only to Crash Course students. Participants in this course learn how to optimize their study time while developing spelling skills that can last a lifetime.
MAXIMIZE YOUR PERFORMANCE POTENTIAL
- Organized lessons to "study smarter"
- Unique lists of words on our Spelling eMentor that are nearly impossible to guess unless you've seen them before such as eponyms, homonyms, geographic words, words with unknown origins, etc.
- Tips on "figuring out" words based on spelling rules and word roots
- Two weekly practice tests via eMentor Classroom to help you prepare for the national preliminary written test of the National Spelling Bee (a separate list of roots will be emailed to the parents)
- Six live "Spell Bees" on Sundays
- Weekly encouragement, feedback, and assessment by email
6 WEEKS - $1750
Please fill out our interest form and someone will reply the same day or next day if after 5:00 p.m. CST! Each class will last 1 hour if your class has 5 students or less; classes with additional students will be longer.
- Held via Skype.
- Must have Merriam Webster's Unabridged Online Dictionary (subscription, not free version)
- No make-ups/No exceptions. If students cannot attend a class, all words, instructions, and comments will be emailed to all parents and put into Google sheet for studying.
- All correspondence will take place via email and Google sheets. There is not enough time for personal "updates" by phone with individual students/parents.
- No additional resources are REQUIRED for the class, but we do recommend New Nat's Notes or New Nat's eMentor, Verbomania or Verbomania eMentor, Spelling Rules Book, Blitz List(s) or Blitz eMentor, Webster Detector, etc. for studying. These are not provided with the class and are not required.