LIT CRIT NOTES FOR THE LITERARY CRITICISM CONTEST
Get organized with this study guide covering annual reading selections for the UIL/TAPPS Literary Criticism contest! Literary Criticism Notes (or Lit Crit Notes) is one of our most popular products. Many of our long-time customers pre-order this product in the summer so they can be the first to get a copy when the book is released in fall. It is an invaluable time-saver and serves as a handy reference for team drills and personal study!
THIS YEAR'S EDITION ENCAPSULATES:
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Selected Poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The Tragedy of Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- Lit Crit Notes explains the easily overlooked details and nuances of the annual UIL reading list and promotes better understanding and appreciation of the study of Literary Criticism.
- It includes plot summaries, character sketches, comparisons, background, and other critical considerations.
- Commentaries on style, poetic devices, and narrative techniques are analyzed for efficient learning.
LOOKING FOR A BULK DISCOUNT? Buy 5 or more for only $55.00 each!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
"Lit Crit Notes" and "Lit Crit Practice Packets" are written by Jennifer Bussey and her team of writers. Bussey is a freelance educational writer specializing in literature with almost 25 years' experience and has authored Hexco's Lit Crit products since 1999. She has a B.A. in English Literature and an M.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies. Her team consists of Luke Hardt, Lisa Holmes, and Joshua Prybylski. Hardt is a retired Professor of Theater with over 30 years' experience teaching at the college level, including every aspect of drama from understanding plays to performing them. He has directed more than 85 plays in his career. Holmes is an educational writer with over 20 years' experience as a high school English teacher, exploring texts across genres and literary periods with numerous students. In addition, she is an experienced writer of book abstracts, lessons, and tests. Przybylski has over 10 years' experience as a teacher--both in person and online--and as a writer and researcher. His experience with high school students spans an impressive range of abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds, and his expert grasp of literature make him uniquely skilled in opening up literary texts to students.
UIL and TAPPS assign the same Literary Criticism reading selections each year, and Hexco writes the state TAPPS exam. View your competition rules for more details.