PRACTICE TESTS DESIGNED TO HELP YOU SUCCEED
Literary Criticism Practice Packets are based on the annual UIL/TAPPS selections and include general knowledge questions.
2021-22 READING SELECTIONS
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Selected Poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The Tragedy of Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- Each packet includes six printed practice tests with answer keys, including tiebreaker questions with answer guides.
- All exams cover the annual reading selections and test knowledge of literary terms, history, and analytical ability in interpreting selections.
- Each practice packet is compiled by a team of experienced authors led by Jennifer Bussey.
- Packet 1 is released in the fall, and Packet 2 is released in January.
About the Author
"Lit Crit Notes" and "Lit Crit Practice Packets" are written by Jennifer Bussey and her team of writers. Bussey is a freelance educational writer specializing in literature with almost 25 years' experience and has authored Hexco's Lit Crit products since 1999. She has a B.A. in English Literature and an M.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies. Her team consists of Luke Hardt, Lisa Holmes, and Joshua Prybylski. Hardt is a retired Professor of Theater with over 30 years' experience teaching at the college level, including every aspect of drama from understanding plays to performing them. He has directed more than 85 plays in his career. Holmes is an educational writer with over 20 years' experience as a high school English teacher, exploring texts across genres and literary periods with numerous students. In addition, she is an experienced writer of book abstracts, lessons, and tests. Przybylski has over 10 years' experience as a teacher--both in person and online--and as a writer and researcher. His experience with high school students spans an impressive range of abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds, and his expert grasp of literature make him uniquely skilled in opening up literary texts to students.