CLICK TO SIGN UP FOR ACCOUNT AND TRY FREE SAMPLE! Chrome or Firefox is recommended.
Top your best performance in UIL, TAPPS, and/or the PSIA spelling contest! NEW Spelling eMentor is a one-of-a-kind spelling mastery portal that was engineered by Hexco to help students master words quickly and efficiently. Study all the words in the High School UIL Word Power list (note: this list is also used in TAPPS Spelling contest), or learn all the words in the UIL A+ Spelling list is used by middle school/junior high and elementary schools in grades 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8. Spelling eMentor for UIL also includes phonetic pronunciations, definitions, and even audio pronunciations to help you practice words until you get every word right. A unique login and password is given to each student and the program saves each student's 'place' so that they can continue studying right where they left off. Coaches can even see the last time students logged in and how many times they have studied. Then, coaches can send students an email right from the program reminding students to study! Once we have activated your account, you can assign licences to students!
- Saves missed words until all words are mastered!
- Saves results when you login and log out
- Keeps track of progress on a per-student basis
- Contains audio, phonetic pronunciations, word origins, and definitions
- SPECIAL FEATURE: Words for vocabulary are marked with an asterisk. Coaches and parents: Please remind students that they will need to know the definitions of the vocabulary words and not just the spelling!
- Select “All Words Ever Missed” to make sure you never miss those words again!
- Perfect “All Words Missed on the last attempt” (Note, this means your last attempt at the word). Hint: Keep working on words in this list until you get this number down to zero words missed on the last attempt.
- Work on your “Starred words” – While you are studying you can “star” words that you want to study more later. (Note, you can “unstar” words at any time)
- Ask for the next letter in a word
- Ask to show the whole word if you don’t know how to spell a word
- Attempt all words in any set at any time to keep perfecting your spelling
- No need for a mouse. Just type and click 'enter' on your keyboard to go through words quickly!
- Browser-based with up to 5 unique student login IDs (for schools or organizations only)
- Accessible from any browser on a PC or Mac computer (not mobile or iPad, or iPhone compatible at this time)
- Subscription-based; Expires June 1 at the end of the academic year.
Orders are processed M-F from 9:00am-3:00pm. Please check your email for login information after you order. View Prezi below to learn how to assign student licenses!
Get ready for your best performance in UIL, TAPPS, and/or the PSIA spelling contest! Hexco's eMentor online software can help you master words quickly and at your own convenience. Study all the words in the High School UIL Word Power list (NOTE: this list is also used in TAPPS Spelling contest. The A+ Spelling list is used by UIL middle school/junior high, and elementary grade levels and can be learned in eMentor format. Our portal also includes phonetic pronunciations, definitions, and even audio pronunciations to help you practice words until you get every word right. A unique login and password is used to save your place and continue studying right where you left off. Coaches can even see the last time students logged in and how many times they have studied.