Are you preparing for the History Bee and History Bowl?
Maximize your performance and feel more confident at the National History Bee or History Bowl (NHBB) by enrolling in our Personal History Coaching (PHC) program! Spaces are limited, so fill out our student inquiry form if you're interested in signing up. For more information, view our downloadable brochure.
- Bi-weekly personalized lessons conducted over Skype or by phone and assignments based on student assessment
- Special areas of focus covering U.S. and World History, Dynasties, World Leaders, Wars, Art, Literature, and much more
- Open-ended questions and discussions for improved comprehension
- Personalized follow-up emails with student and parent
- 8 Sessions: $1,900 includes 1 hour of bi-weekly quizzing and coaching
- 16 Sessions: $3,100 includes 1 hour of bi-weekly quizzing and coaching
RECOMMENDED STUDY MATERIALS
ALL PHC STUDENTS QUALIFIED FOR THE NATIONAL HISTORY BEE'S REGIONAL AND NATIONAL FINALS IN 2019! In addition:
- 67% of our active students won their Regional Finals in 2019, and 83% were finalists.
- All of our PHC students qualified for the 2020 International History Olympiad during their Regional Finals in 2019.
- 70% of our students advanced to the quarterfinals of the National History Bee playoffs in 2019, and 50% advanced to the semifinals of the National History Bee playoffs in 2019.
- Hexco students won half of the National History Bee championship titles at the elementary and middle school levels in 2019.
- 100% of the students who were enrolled in PHC one or more years advanced to the quarterfinals or beyond at the elementary and middle school levels of the National History Bee in 2019.
ABOUT THE COACH
Keisha Bedwell is an in-house researcher, writer, and editor at Hexco, primarily specializing in social studies and writing-related contests, and the head coach of our personal history coaching program. Keisha co-authored Hexco's History Essentials,
wrote the original book of our History Snapshots series, and has also written numerous practice tests and other study materials for students preparing to compete in the University Interscholastic League. She holds a B.A. in both Psychology and History from Schreiner University and brings a unique wealth of knowledge and insight from over a decade of experience coaching and tutoring students of all ages. Her work in PHC includes application of methodology gleaned from working in university tutoring centers and from studying and observing the workings of the NHBB, and her students have brought home multiple national championship titles over the years.
See Hexco's blog
for samples of Bedwell's writings which provide additional information on the National History Bee contest.
"My son's hard work in quizbowl seems to be paying off. He is incredibly thrilled. A lot of his foundational research skills, we certainly owe to you. Thank you so much for everything you have done for him."
"I was impressed with how good you are in teaching kids. Thank you for your guidance."
"He has come so far and the experience has been invaluable for him for a host of reasons."
"We are thrilled with the results of our son's regional bee. Thanks for all your coaching!"