Personal History Coach (PHC) Program
In 2017, all of our PHC students qualified for national finals!
CALL TODAY! 800-391-2891 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org (student interest form)
REGIONAL FINALS DATES: CLICK HERE
NATIONAL FINALS DATES: CLICK HERE
Maximize your performance and feel more confident at the History Bee!
Weekly quizzing via phone and/or video conference calls and emails includes:
- Personalized lessons and assignments based on student assessment
- Open-ended questions and discussions for improved comprehension
- Fill-in-the-blank quizzing of important people, events, and terms
- Special areas of focus covering U.S. & World History, Asian History, Native American History, Military & War, Art & Literature, and more!
- Personalized follow-up emails with student and parent
Download information on History Coaching - .pdf format
- 8 Sessions - $1,900 includes 1 hour of one-on-one weekly or bi-weekly quizzing and coaching
- 16 Sessions - $3,100 includes 1 hour of one-on-one weekly or bi-weekly quizzing and coaching
Recommended Student Resources
- Hexco’s History Essentials (required)
- Subscription to Encyclopedia Britannica (approximately $50 per year)
- Internet access for using various approved websites, such as PBS and BBC
- Computer with Microsoft Office for Excel or Access
- Hexco’s Geography eMentors
- Hexco’s CI&E Notes (Current Issues & Events Notes)
ABOUT OUR COACH
Keisha Bedwell is the head coach of Hexco's PHC program and co-writer of Hexco's History Essentials book. A history and psychology major, Bedwell brings a unique wealth of knowledge and insight to the coaching program from her years of experience with coaching and tutoring students of all ages. Her work in Hexco's PHC program includes application of methodology gleaned from working in university tutoring centers and from studying and observing the workings of the National History Bee. Bedwell has also served as a writer and blogger for companies outside of Hexco Academic, and continues to grow a sizable portfolio. See Hexco's blog page for samples of Bedwell's writings which provide additional information on the National History Bee contest.