This series of videos shows how to complete ALL SIX UIL Computer Applications invitational tests by Hexco that were given in the Spring of 2019. NOTE: If you do not already have the printed Invitational tests, we recommend that you purchase the videos AND the Practice Packet as this product does not include any .pdfs or downloadable files.
While designed for students and coaches who compete in the Texas UIL High School Computer Applications contest, this real-life, start-to-finish, walk-through of taking actual tests is also be helpful for anyone seeking to brush up on Word, Excel, and Access. Knowing how these programs work together is also critical for this contest as well as understanding the terminology used.
Here are just some of the things you will learn:
- Use of DDB, PMT, IF, and other functions in Excel as well as DateDiff, Mid, Right, Left, InStr, Val, SLN, and other functions (as well as combinations thereof) in the expression builder
- Creation and formatting/customization of 2D stacked column charts, doughnut charts, and pivot tables in Excel
- Use of absolute references in Excel to enable formulas to be copied laterally and accurately
- Importing/Embedding/Formatting of Excel and Access objects into Personal Business Letters, Simplified Letters, Block Letters, and Simplified Memos in Word, along with the use of merge codes
- Use of update queries to update multiple fields, select queries, and crosstab queries
- Creation and formatting of reports in Access with grouping intervals
To illustrate applicable skills for this contest, we'll walk through each test, working through sections in Excel, Access, and Word.
- Videos are sold as an online subscription, good until June 1st (end of the academic year).
- Once your credit card, PayPal, or purchase order is processed/verified, we will create an account for you manually and email you login credentials. If you already have an account, please login here.
- TIP: Once your videos are viewed once, they move to the “Completed” tab. Please be sure to let your students know to look in the “Completed” tab in case someone else on your team has already viewed your videos.
ABOUT OUR UIL COMPUTER APPLICATIONS VIDEOS
Save time teaching and give your students a real chance to learn some of the concepts of the Texas UIL Computer Applications Contest. Each lesson incorporates the latest screencasting technology. Videos are presented in a step-by-step, tutorial format so that students can follow along on their own computer, stopping and starting the video as needed to make sure all concepts are mastered.
Buy with or without printed tests, but the printed tests are recommended so students can follow along! NOTE: Practice Packets will be physically shipped by the method of your choice. Links to videos will be sent in an email in 24 business hours or less (M-F 9AM-4PM Central Time).