Recently revised to reflect the changes in Merriam-Webster Unabridged Online Dictionary, Paideia 2001 eMentor, students master the 1996-2001 Paideia lists and contains 4,159 words. If you already own one of Hexco's Paideia 1999 products, note that this product includes all of the 3,404 Paideia '99 words plus an additional 755 words. In order to get those 755 words, we added two more years of words from the years 2000 and 2001. Read more about the Paideia lists here.
SIGN UP TO TRY A FREE SAMPLE! Get immediate access to free samples and check out our BRAND NEW portal -- no credit card needed! (Chrome or Firefox is recommended and you must login on a PC or Mac computer or laptop to sign-up or use this program).
WORD COUNT: 4,159
YEAR SPAN: 1996-2001
LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced
This one-of-a-kind spelling mastery software was engineered by Hexco and features an attractive and responsive online interface combined with state-of-the-art memory capabilities. Excellent for those who desire to learn a large number of words quickly and efficiently, Hexco's unique type-in-the-word online portal includes a drop-down feature that allows students to practice their missed words or "starred words" in order to perfect their spelling. How it works: An audio recording of each word is presented along with (a) phonetic pronunciation(s), definition, abbreviated etymology, and part(s) of speech. If you're stumped on a word, you can ask for the "next letter," or request "show word," and the program will automatically save these in your "missed words" so you can try these words again at a later time. Once a word is marked as "correct," other word information can appear, such as expanded etymology and homonyms. This technology, combined with Hexco's time-tested word lists used by countless National Spelling Bee participants, can catapult you to the top of your 'game' in any spelling competition.
KEY FEATURES of HEXCO's eMentor for Spelling:
- Saves missed words until all words are mastered!
- Saves results when you login and log out
- Keeps track of progress
- Contains audio, phonetic pronunciations, word origins, and definitions
- Select “All Words Ever Missed” to make sure you never miss those words again!
- Perfect “All Words Missed on the Last Attempt” (Note, this means your last attempt at the word). Hint: Keep working on words in this list until you get this number down to zero words missed on the last attempt.
- Work on your “Starred Words” – While you are studying, you can “star” words that you want to study more later. (Note, you can “unstar” words at any time)
- Ask for the next letter in a word
- Ask to show the whole word if you don’t know how to spell a word
- Attempt all words in any set at any time to keep perfecting your spelling
- No need for a mouse. Just type and click 'enter' on your keyboard to go through words quickly!
- Browser-based, tracks progress for one user
- Accessible for one year from any browser on a PC or Mac computer (currently not mobile or iPad, or iPhone compatible)
- Subscription-based; good for one year from date of purchase
- Non-refundable and non-returnable, try FREE Demo before you buy!
Orders are processed M-F from 9:00am-3:00pm. Please check your email for login information after you order. If you have signed up for our free sample, the product you have purchased will be added to that account unless a different email address is provided.