Personal History Coach (PHC) Program - Update 4/11/2019: Due to demand, all spaces are filled for the weeks leading up to Nationals. However, we have one person on the summer waiting list, so please use our interest form to let us know if you'd like to be informed when openings become available!
- All of our Personal History Coach (PHC) students qualified for the regional finals in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- All PHC students who have competed thus far in 2019 have placed in the top 12 at their elementary or middle school-level History Bee regional finals.
- Everyone who has competed so far in 2019 has qualified for the National Finals and International History Olympiad.
Maximize your performance and feel more confident at the National History Bee or History Bowl (NHBB)!
Weekly quizzing via phone and/or video conference calls and emails includes:
Keisha Bedwell is the head coach of Hexco's PHC program, co-writer of Hexco's History Essentials, and the writer of the original History Snapshots book. A history and psychology major, Bedwell brings a unique wealth of knowledge and insight to the coaching program from her years of experience with coaching and tutoring students of all ages. Her work in Hexco's PHC program includes application of methodology gleaned from working in university tutoring centers and from studying and observing the workings of the National History Bee. Bedwell has also served as a writer and blogger for companies outside of Hexco Academic, and continues to grow a sizable portfolio. See Hexco's blog page for samples of Bedwell's writings which provide additional information on the National History Bee contest.
- My son's hard work in quizbowl seems to be paying off. He is incredibly thrilled. A lot of his foundational research skills, we certainly owe to you. Thank you so much for everything you have done for him."
- "I was impressed with how good you are in teaching kids. Thank you for your guidance."
- "He has come so far and the experience has been invaluable for him for a host of reasons"
- "We are thrilled with the results of our son's regional bee. Thanks for all your coaching!"