Hexco's Personal History Coach (PHC) Program is now accepting students
Please use our interest form to let us know you'd like someone to contact you!
ALL of our PHC students qualified for the National History Bee's Regional and National Finals in 2019
- 67% of our active students won their Regional Finals in 2019, and 83% were finalists.
- All of our PHC students qualified for the 2020 International History Olympiad during their Regional Finals in 2019.
- 70% of our students advanced to the quarterfinals of the National History Bee playoffs in 2019 and 50% advanced to the semifinals of the National History Bee playoffs in 2019.
- Hexco students won half of the National History Bee championship titles at the elementary and middle school levels in 2019.
- 100% of the students who were enrolled in the Personal History Coaching program for one or more years advanced to the quarterfinals or beyond at the elementary and middle school levels of the National History Bee in 2019.
CALL TODAY! 800-391-2891 or (fill out our student interest form) Download more information on History Coaching - (.pdf format) SPACES ARE LIMITED! Maximize your performance and feel more confident at the National History Bee or History Bowl (NHBB)!
Weekly quizzing via phone and/or video conference calls and emails includes:
- Personalized lessons and assignments based on student assessment
- Open-ended questions and discussions for improved comprehension
- Fill-in-the-blank quizzing of important people, events, and terms
- Special areas of focus covering U.S. & World History, Asian History, Native American History, Military & War, Art & Literature, and more!
- Personalized follow-up emails with student and parent
- 8 Sessions - $1,900 includes 1 hour of bi-weekly quizzing and coaching
- 16 Sessions - $3,100 includes 1 hour of bi-weekly quizzing and coaching
Recommended Study Materials
- Hexco’s History Essentials and History Snapshots
- Subscription to Encyclopedia Britannica (approximately $50 per year)
- Computer with Microsoft Office for Excel or Access
- Hexco’s Geography eMentors
About the Coach
Keisha Bedwell is the head coach of Hexco's PHC program, co-writer of Hexco's History Essentials, and the writer of the original History Snapshots book. A history and psychology major, Bedwell brings a unique wealth of knowledge and insight to the coaching program from her years of experience with coaching and tutoring students of all ages. Her work in Hexco's PHC program includes application of methodology gleaned from working in university tutoring centers and from studying and observing the workings of the National History Bee. Bedwell has also served as a writer and blogger for companies outside of Hexco Academic, and continues to grow a sizable portfolio.
See Hexco's blog page for samples of Bedwell's writings which provide additional information on the National History Bee contest.
- My son's hard work in quizbowl seems to be paying off. He is incredibly thrilled. A lot of his foundational research skills, we certainly owe to you. Thank you so much for everything you have done for him."
- "I was impressed with how good you are in teaching kids. Thank you for your guidance."
- "He has come so far and the experience has been invaluable for him for a host of reasons"
- "We are thrilled with the results of our son's regional bee. Thanks for all your coaching!"