To date, 32 National Spelling Bee (NSB) champions have used Hexco products, counting the ties along the way and 7 of the 8 octo-champs in 2019.
- Hexco products have been used by NSB champions for 20 years in a row!
- Annually, about 50% of the contestants at the NSB use Hexco products.
- 100% of the words in the final round of the 2019 NSB could be found in New Nat's Notes.
- 88% of the finalists at the 2019 NSB used the Blitz Lists.
- Over the last four years, 92% of NSB finalists had at least one Hexco product.
- In 2019, there were 24 words that were new or changed and found only online, and Webster Detector contained 10 of these.
- In both 2018 and 2019, 86% of words at the NSB were in at least one Hexco product.
- In 2019, 94% of those who advanced to the finals on ESPN were Hexco customers, and 31% of the finalists were coached.
- 62 NSB contestants were coached by Hexco in 2019.
- Three NSB champions participated in the Crash Course: 2019 octo-champion Shruthika Padhy, 2017 champion Ananya Vinay, and 2015 champion Gokul Venkatachalam. All three spellers were also in the Personal Spelling Coach (PSC) program.
- Verbomania – 13,398 words total - random sequence with index or alpha sequence - primarily vocabulary enriching words
- Paideia – 11,818 words total - organized by Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced levels - words from beginning, intermediate and advanced levels
- New Nat's Notes – 18,067 words total - random sequence with index or alpha sequence - difficult words used at National and Regional Bee from most of the last 40 years plus similar words
- Blitz List – 12,000 words total - random sequence (New! Blitz 4!) - difficult words not used at prior bees or in published lists, at least until these were published - some have been used in last 5 years
- Webster Detector – 2,506 words total - random sequence - difficult words that were NOT in the printed Webster's Third New International, but are not in the Online Merriam Webster
Check out all of Hexco's spelling bee prep HERE!
Ready to be one of Hexco's superstars? Check out coaching options HERE!
Good luck and good spelling!