The National Spelling Bee is right around the bend and Hexco's Spelling Crash Course can help you make the best of the remaining time to study.
Hexco's annual six-week Spelling Crash Course for National Spelling Bee contestants will begin on the 2nd week of April. Serious spelling students who are enrolled in this course can learn how to study faster by studying smarter. Our coaches are trained to utilize techniques that have proven to be successful since 1983. One National Spelling Bee champion and many runners-up have used our Spelling Crash Course program to hone their skills and to feel relaxed and more confident at the National Bee.
Sessions are prepared in advance and adapted for each small "class" and lengthy study lists are assigned on a weekly basis. Students are engaged through quizzing via phone and/or video conference calls and emails; they also gain invaluable experience by taking written practice tests that are available only to Crash Course students. Participants in this course learn how to optimize their study time while developing spelling skills that can last a lifetime.
MAXIMIZE YOUR PERFORMANCE POTENTIAL
- Organized lessons to "study smarter"
- Unique lists of word on our Spelling eMentor that are nearly impossible to guess unless you've seen them before such as eponyms, homonyms, geographic words, words with unknown origins, etc.
- Tips on "figuring out" words based on spelling rules and word roots
- Two weekly practice tests via eMentor Classroom to help you prepare for the national preliminary written test of the National Spelling Bee (a separate list of roots will be emailed to the parents)
- Six live "Spell Bees" on Saturdays
- Weekly encouragement, feedback, and assessment by email
6 WEEKS - $1750
April-May 2017 Crash Course - Starts soon!
- All classes begin at 7 pm EST and will go 1 hour for 5 or less students, longer with additional students (TBD according to numbers).
- Held via Skype.
- Must have Online Merriam Webster's Third New International dictionary SUBSCRIPTION.
- No make-ups/No exceptions. If students cannot attend a class, all words, instructions, and comments will be emailed to all parents and put into Google sheet for studying.
- All correspondence will take place via email and Google sheets. There is not enough time for personal "updates" by phone with individual students/parents.
- No additional resources are REQUIRED for the class, but we do recommend New Nat's Notes or New Nat's eMentor, Verbomania or Verbomania eMentor, Spelling Rules Book, Blitz List(s) or Blitz eMentor, etc. for studying. Not provided with the class and not required.
Online Classroom Schedule:
- Information & Training meeting (for all students/1 parent each): April 8th
- Spell bee 1: April 15
- Spell bee 2: April 22
- Spell bee 3: April 29
- Spell bee 4: May 6
- Spell bee 5: May 13
- Spell bee 6: May 20
Learn more/enroll now! Email email@example.com or call 800.391.2891